Monday 5 May 2014

Monthly Magic Moments: May

So it's been over 2 month since my last magic moments post. Originally I planned on posting weekly giving myself 7 goals to induce 7 moments of happiness in the following week. Well life and computers and a little bit of plain old laziness got in the way and here we have it... Monthly Magic Moments, the May edition. (Can we all just forget about April, yeah.)

The aim is to use my mini magic moment goals to remind myself to stop and smile every once in a while. I've not managed to complete all of my challenges over the month but I've definitely got moments to be thankful for.

The magic moments gone by.



The past month I've really jumped back on the horse food wise. I'd gotten pretty lazy about cooking, never trying new dishes or putting any effort in. Hello pasta and freezer meals. But having challenged myself to try a brand new recipe I found myself loving being in the kitchen again. I started by making mini nutella muffins which I hadn't made since uni and then got inspired by all the spinach meals out there and made this spinach soup which was rather yummy even if I do say so myself.


Meeting up with two of my best friends, in London was definitely a highlight of the month. Taking a break from work, or uni in their cases and spending time just being our silly selves for 24 hours was oh so very refreshing. It reminded me that it with true friends it doesn't matter when or how often you see them, as long as when you do it feels like it always has. Our London adventure also allowed me try out a couple of brand new cafes I'd never been to before which was fantastic. I like nothing better than to pick something from an unknown menu and sit back and have a gossip in a brand new place. Sure, I have my old faithfuls that I love to go back to time and time again but if i'm on holiday you can guarantee I won't be going to the same place twice!  




As you might have gathered from my super excited Friday letters a couple of weeks back I've spent a week in Czech Republic attending the Newcastles of the World conference in Nove Hrady, South Bohemia. There's so much I want to say about the trip but I should probably save that for a future post! But it's safe to say this past week has definitely been magical. I've got to travel and explore, meet fantastic young people from all across the world, and debate issues facing young people working solidly towards solutions with support of adults from our cities. Sitting on the coach to the airport now I am feeling more empowered to go back and mark to make a change than I have felt in a very long time.

Magic moments mini goals:

- take a moment at least once a week to message new friends from Nove Hrady and other Newcastles. Not only will it strengthen and maintain international friendships but in doing so I can help to friends with their English studies.

- RUN! Like seriously, just put my trainers on and run for as little as two minutes. I've been saying that I would do this for months and since starting this blog I have managed just one run. 

- go shopping for supplies for Camp America, even if it's silly things like bobbles and hair grips, I am so excited for the summer and if I can prepare slowly and steadily over the next few weeks it will stop me having a mad panic the week before I leave.

- spend a day with family. I've been so busy lately that I've hardly seen my parents and I am massively craving some down time with the fam.

With that I'm gonna leave it there. Another short and sweet one I'm afraid but blogging from a bus is not the easiest and I'm so tired I only want to set myself sleep as a goal... Which I really don't need to be a goal as sleeping is all I plan on doing for a solid day when I get home!

I promise to get my blogging butt back in shape this week and let you know why I've been quite so MIA for a few weeks. I should be blogging more from now, but I'm finding it pretty hard to balance my blogging, work, and just plain health lately so give me time as I want to be back blogging on the reg as soon as possible!!

Much love, molls <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment