Friday 7 March 2014

Oh. Hi, Friday…

So here we are, Friday. The first day of the weekend and I’m showing up late as usual.  I’m letting that slide though because this week has been pretty darn wonderful if I’m honest, and well we’re all aloud to be late to class some of the time. I had great plans to blog about some slightly deeper things today because while this week has been lovely on a jolly, fluffy, rainbows and unicorns level, it has also been good on a slightly deeper level. I’ve taken on a few challenges this week in an attempt to work on my anxiety and touch wood the week seems to have been a success.  While my intentions were good, that post is definitely not what I’m bringing to the party today because, well these snap chats pretty much sum it up.

These went on for quite a while!
Yup. I am one big massive barrel of excitement right now, and not just because it’s a Friday. This Friday is an extra special Friday after a solid few weeks of work, work and more work my bestest square is coming home for the weekend!  By excited I’m not just talking little levels, I’m meaning dancing around my kitchen all day and actually enjoying doing laundry. I couldn’t get to sleep last night for planning all the things we could do in 24 hours. I’ve been awake since 6, although that may have something to do with me forgetting to cancel my alarm.


I think sometimes we just need to spend time with that person that knows us inside out. Who gets all of our random jokes, and will never judge you for your quirks or silly moments. Considering all of my best friends have spent time living abroad at some point means that I’m used to waiting far too long to see them. Facebook and Skype are our lifelines and we can pass hours just chatting. So even though she is only coming 2 hours up from Leeds we’ve never really got over that long distance way of handling things, and any chance to meet up is filled with nonstop chatter and catching up on anything and everything we might have missed.


So, apologies for the pause in thoughtful blogging but my mind is just too full.  We plan on fitting everything we used to do in our college days into one night, gigs, food, dancing and of course a sleepover with as many carbs as we can handle and a Skype call to our other bestie of in the land of Canada.


Now let’s all #backthatazzup and get ready for the weekend with this classic that we will most definitely be dancing to tonight. What’s your weekend jam and just how excited are you for this weekend?


Cotton Eyed Joe by Trick Pony on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment