Friday 28 March 2014

Liebster Award!!


So this week has been a super happy one, despite work being crazy and winter returning full force a lot of positive and lovely things have happened, I've been offered a new role at work (scary and exciting), I saw Ballet Rambert with my mum and her best friend and I've confirmed details of my trip to the Czech Republic in a couple of weeks time. 

I'm sure you would all agree that that all makes for a pretty good week, but one thing has added some fluffy blog related icing to my happy cake. Two lovely ladies have nominated me for the Liebster Award. Two, in one week definitely a lovely surprise. Thank you both so much!

Lovely lady number one was Angela from Cuddles & Cartoons who blogs about her gorgeous family, go check her out and while you're there check her Saturday blog link up This Made Me Happy, it's the happiest place in blogland!

Lovely lady number two was the adorable Steph from Norbly who blogs alongside her two sisters about everything from college, to running, to getting to grips with blogging. Again, go check her out!

Now on with this award stuff, rules for the Liebster Award are:

  • Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
  • Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you
  • Give 11 random facts about yourself
  • Nominate 5 - 11 blogs you think deserve the award (try to make sure they have 200 followers or less)
  • Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
  • Give them 11 questions to answer
11 random facts about me:
  1. Show me any large empty space and I will dance around it for hours
  2. I learnt Russian for 3 years but can only say vodka and spiderman
  3. I suffer from anxiety yet people say I am the smiliest person they know
  4. Ice cream is my weakness and is the ultimate bribe despite me being lactose intolerant
  5. Until I was 12 I though kidney beans were actually tiny kidneys - I still feel uncomfortable eating them
  6. My family compete over who has traveled to the most countries - I'm on 16 so far
  7. The thought of traveling with a suitcase is terrifying to me, my backpack is like my travel safety blanket
  8. My best friends have all spent at least 3 months abroad, this summer it's my turn
  9. I have broken every phone I've ever bought within 3 days of buying them 
  10. I can't function without a full 8 hours sleep
  11. I wish I could do magic, juggle anything that would let me become a street perfomer
11 Questions from Steph (Angela didn't add new questions)

Who do you look up to most in life?
There are a lot of people I look up to but I probably look up to my granddad most, and love to hear new stories about his life. He traveled all over the world, America, England, India and Africa teaching. He was a Quaker and stayed true to his roots all through his life. He was honorable, truthful, brave and wonderful to his children and grandchildren. Whenever I find myself ensure of what path to take I try to think what he would have done.

What is your favourite book or movie?

I am torn between two very different books, first the Freedom Writers Diary by Erin Gruwell and the film adaptation as well both inspire me to make a change in the world and remind we why I want to go into education or youth work. On a lighter note, my favourite book to read to children at work is definitely We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen, there is nothing nicer than getting to see the excited looks on their faces as we act it out.

What's one hobby you wish you spent more time on?

Dance. Definitely dance. I always loved it but haven't taken time to do even one class in at least a year.

Name your favourite memory.

My favourite memory is the first time I really traveled on my own, waving good by to my best friend in Dresden as I rushed onto a train to Prague, an entirely last minute decision. I had no idea what to expect, no idea what currency I needed and no idea where I was going to stay. It was terrifying and exciting all at once, at that moment I realized I was addicted to that feeling 

If you could do one thing to change the world, what would it be?

I would create better provisions for children, young people and adults with additional needs and disabilities. Working with the group I do I am acutely aware that there is a great swathe of people who are not provided for because their need is not so severe that they are already provided for but too severe to be suited to inclusive activities. 

What's your favourite thing about yourself?

My favourite thing about myself is my ability to stay positive and happy to support others no matter what life throws at me.

Name one place you want to live.

America. More specifically New York. Cliche I know, but if I could live there for even 6 months I would be very happy.

How many places have you traveled to, and which was your favourite?

As I mentioned before I have traveled to 16 countries. It s definitely really hard to choose a favourite, New York is definitely up there but I think Germany may be my absolute favourite. I just love the culture and lifestyle as well as the cities and landscape.

Where is home for you?

Home is Newcastle, in North East England. I split my time between three houses as my parents are separated and i'm currently saving for my own place. I wouldn't say that any house is home in its own right but when I'm on the train and I cross the bridge into Newcastle I always feel instantly at home.

The best food on the planet is...

Mexican. Fajitas, Nachos, Enchiladas. As long as its spicy, veggie and I can get a side of salad I am one happy chicken.

Biggest pet peeve.

Spoilers. If you tell me how a book or movie ends I am so far from happy its funny, well not funny to me!

Blogs I nominate






Questions for the blogs I've nominated
  1. What is your happiest memory?
  2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
  3. Tea or coffee?
  4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
  5. Biggest pet peeve.
  6. If you compared yourself to an animal, what would it be?
  7. What made you decide to start blogging?
  8. The best food on the planet is...
  9. Describe yourself in 5 words.
  10. If you had one extra day a week what would you do with it?
  11. Where is home to you?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post from a beautiful person :) It is so nice getting to know you a little better Molly :). I also suffer from anxiety, and when other people find out that I have an anxiety disorder they are shocked. They can't believe that an outgoing, happy person like myself is suffering from such a strange condition. I think the problem is that they don't understand what it actually is, and how it is different for each person. Thanks for completing this award. :) I am so glad Angela nominated you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan. Anxiety is definitely one of those things that unless you have experienced it yourself, you just can't understand how that person might be feeling. Even if you have, everyone copes differently.. for me its definitely with a smile!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers. You have a very exciting life. You must have seen many interesting things in your travels of 16 countries!

    ReplyDelete